Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Final Project: My Boston Tea Party Ship

 For this assignment I had to enter the Freedom Trail server for my Discovering Computer Graphics Class.  I had to build a replica of the Elanor Ship from the Boston Tea Party in the same vicinity that we built the Old Boston State House. We also had to build the inside of the ship which is the cargo area.

First I started with building the foundation of the ship. I made sure it was large enough so I would have room to add the crate of tea.




 I built up the walls of the ship here. This I think took the longest out of everything because it is the most tedious task to do. The random little bubbles are from the night vision potion I had to use because you cannot sleep through the night in multiplayer.



I angle the front and back of the ship so it didn't like like a giant floating cube. 

 The actual ship is yellow, red and green as well. I used gold blocks here. It was hard to fit in the other colors without making the ship enormous.

This is where I begun to create the deck of the ship. I also added a layer of black because that's what the ship looked like.

 This is the cargo area of the ship that I began to build. I added a ladder to you can get in and out with ease without floating.
 I built a table in the middle of the area and also added torches to make it easier to see down there because it was so dark.
 Since this is the cargo area I added lot of spare tea crates to throw  into the harbor for later!
 




This is a final project using Minecraft to build a replica of the Eleanor ship from the Boston Tea Party. It is a final exercise from the Immersive Education course that I am taking at Boston College. The course is called Discovering Computer Graphics. For details, visit the immersive BC portal at http://ImmersiveEducation.org/@/bc

No comments:

Post a Comment