Thursday, February 26, 2015

GIMP TOOLS


This is the use of the rectangle selection tool. I filled it with a salmon color.
 This is the use of the ellipse selection tool. I filled it with a purple color.
 This was the use of the lasso tool. I drew a heart and filled with with an aqua color.

This is the use of the stroke tool I demonstrated it on the heart. I was able to only color inside the lines of the heart using the stroke with paint tool.

This is my other use of the stoke tool. This time I drew a heart and the used stroke line instead of stroke with paint and filled it in yellow.

Here is the final product after using the selections tools.


Paste Into: 


This is my attempt with paste into. First I made a selection and then I right clicked and went to edit-paste into.

This is wheat i go when that happened. I notice the whole picture doesn't show and it doesn't fir the picture to the selection. I was able to move the picture around to get the parts I wanted to show.

This is the final product when exported as a PNG.




Transparency (opacity):
This is me using opacity with layers in GIMP. I chose a base picture.


Then opened this second picture as a new layer and change the opacity of the layer


  This is the final product after being exported as a PNG.

Text:
This is experimenting with text, size, color, and opacity. Each time I made the text a different word, size, color and opacity. They are positioned on top of each other so it is easier to tell the difference between the capacities of the 5 words. 










Scale:


This is me scaling my Midterm #7.

This is the original image in GIMP and exported.


 This is me scaling the image to half it's size and the exporting it as a PNG.

This is me scaling the image with the height and width not linked. I made the image short and fat. Then I exported the final image as a PNG.



No comments:

Post a Comment