Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Class 8, FINAL PREPARATION: Learning the basics of JavaScript.

Here we watched a bunch of tutorials about programming in JavaScript. The tutorials showed me many ways the program is used along with how to use it.  I learned how to create ellipses, rectangles and lines. As well as, how to move those shapes and lines and change their height and or width. 



I learned how to make shapes and lines using script. you have to write the name of the shape or line (ellipse, line or rectangle) follow by the location on the X,Y axis and then the height and width of the shape.


Here we were asked to create the letter "H" using rectangles. Here is how mine turned out. The step by step tutorials, as well as the little guy in the corner telling you what you were missing, were very helpful in learning how to use script.




We were then asked to create to rectangles and ellipses of different height and width and to make a line. I realized that whatever shape you wrote in first was furthest back and the last shape you put in was in the front. 




Here I tried the crazy face challenge. I had to make the mouth wider, the eyes taller and I had to move the position of the frame of the face. It was tricky at first, but I managed to figure it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment