Thursday, March 19, 2015

Class 8, My Virtual Pet in Scratch

 Here it gave me a tutorial on how to make a virtual pet. First I had to get rid of the cat and add the monkey. I got to pick a sound. I picked "jungle" and I made him say "Oo oO! Ahh ahh!"



Next I gave him some movement. His eyes move and his arms flail a little.

Next I added food for my pet. I chose bananas since monkeys love bananas. I gave the food a "broadcast" so the monkey would know it's food. I made it so when the banana was clicked the monkey would move to the banana. It would also make a chomping sound like it was eating the banana.


Then I got to add a toy for the monkey. I chose the trampoline. I then gave the trampoline the broadcast "play". Then I made it so when the trampoline is clicked the monkey glides to it location and jumps up and down.


Next, I added a drum for the monkey to play with. I added the broadcast "drum" to the drum so the monkey would know was it is. I then made it so when the drum is clicked the monkey would go over to it and "play" it. I also added a drum sound so when the monkey is playing it, it will project that sound.


The last thing I had to do was add a hungry status to the monkey. after 10 seconds the monkeys hunger level will change -1. If you feed the monkey the banana the hunger status will change +1 each time it is fed.


Want to visit my monkey friend? Click Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment