Thursday, March 26, 2015

Class 9, Exploring Second Life

 This is me exploring the SecondLife virtual world. I first found this area which can be used to teleport to different areas on the island.

First place I teleported to was Tiki Beach. I then realized I was on the same island and that I didn't teleport far. So I continued to walk around.

I then came across this area where you could teleport to different locations I think there were 9 or 10 different locations that you could teleport to.

The first location I teleported to was called Wilderness. When I first went to teleport there I thought it was going to be a forest. It turned out to be a swap with monkeys and crocodiles. 

While at the Wilderness locations I stumbled upon a cabin on the bayou. Sadly I couldn't enter.

This next location I visited was called Editor's Pick. I thought this was going to be a pretty cool location, but it ended up really dark and glitchy. since it was hard to see and it took forever to load the area I was standing in I couldn't really explore. For what I got out of this, it's a spaceship, future type area.

This is a picture of the same location attempting to load.

Next, I visited the Art location. This was probably one of the most entertaining because you could actually do stuff.

Here you could click on a piece of art and explore it. I chose Houdini's glass box.

This is a screenshot of my avatar inside the box.

The fourth location I visited was called Music. I was kind of set up like a nightclub, but also had an area where you could buy music.

This is there area where you can buy different music and listen to samples.

This last world was the most boring of them all. There was nothing to do. It was completely empty and It all looked the same. The entire time I was there I think I saw one person.

This is the underwater view of this location.

No comments:

Post a Comment