Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Class 10, Collaborative Coding in PlayCanvas

For this assignment I went onto https://playcanvas.com/ and found some examples of collaborative coding. After I logged in I began to look through what games they had and I noticed a game I played earlier in the semester called Winter Blast. I then clicked on the option called "view project" and it brought me to a screen with an overview of the game along with the people who created it. On that same screen there was a "Code" tab.


When I click on that it brought me to a bunch of different options to view. When I clicked on one it brought me to a new tab and showed me a whole part of the code that makes up the game. Each code was under different tabs labelled, "audiosource", "player", "game", "controller", "shotgun", etc. The idea of collaborative coding then became clear. Doing one whole game alone would take so much time! So each part of the game must have been broken up between many different people.

No comments:

Post a Comment