Thursday, April 9, 2015

FINAL 5b: Greenfoot Lettuce and Snake

 Here is the link to my turtle, lettuce and snake project game, http://www.greenfoot.org/scenarios/13600. After watching the videos: JoC #5: If statements, JoC #6: Adding random behaviour, JoC #7: Lettuce is good for you!, and JoC #9: Snakes on a plane! I was then able to add lettuce, snakes and turtles to my project. I was also able to make the turtles move around and eat whatever lettuce they come across and did the same for the snakes with the turtles.


I learn many different coding commands. I was actually pretty surprised at what I was able to do with the different commands. Although it was kind of difficult at first I quickly got the hang of it. I was able to make the snakes and turtles move around as if they were doing it freely. They could turn left right, and when the hit the "edge of the world" they turned at a certain degree. I was also able to get it so when the turtles came across lettuce they could eat it. Also when the turtles cross paths with a snake the snake would eat the turtle.



















This is a final exercise where we used Java to learn source coding at a basic level. It is a final exercise from the Immersive Education course that I am taking at Boston College. The course is called Discovering Computer Graphics. For details, visit the immersive BC portal at http://ImmersiveEducation.org/@/bc 

No comments:

Post a Comment